Thread: More doll furniture

Default More doll furniture

Table ca 8" in height, adapted in size to 1/4 BJDClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2024-03-24 12.07.12.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	89226Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2024-03-24 12.08.13.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	89227
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

Neat. I like the design of the pedestal in that it is attractive while being simplistic. Have made some end tables and used turned 'posts' which created issues for me with the joints. Also like the inset into the underside of the top.

Thanks for the reaction!

The inset was to "hide" the thickness of the top board. It is 0.71" in real life, and as this is a small table sized as ca 1/4 real life size, the result would be correponding to real-life board of 2.8"+, which is not acceptable. Instead of removing all the thickness underneath (machine time for just some effect visible only on the edge) I decided to go for adjusting the edge only.

The "legs" are carved out from 0.71" board as well, 4 "legs" (top to bottom) that actually do not interlock, they are just glued together. The design of leg construction took me some time, as I wanted to make it from one-sided carvings.

Turned posts, you say? I wish I could be that advanced. Maybe one turned post per table, but turning is not a skill or machinery I possess.
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

Nice. That is going to be a fancy dollhouse.

5. Default

it looks good.