Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Default Happy Thanksgiving

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday Spend all the time you can with the ones you love.

Happy belated Thanksgiving. Hope it was a joyful day.

Coming in here a bit late, but Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope all went well for everyone and have recovered from their turkey comas. I had to kidnap myself. I had to keep myself hid away in the north woods for the past month, so no one would find myself. To be clear I never asked ransom for myself of any kind. I would take myself out in the woods and leave myself there all alone after dark I would let myself go back to my hide out and get some sleep. The next day do it all over again. I can be so mean to myself.

Man. That was a sweet self kidnapping. I haven't been in a wilderness alone in a decade or two.

Sounds like a strange world to find yourself in with all that quiet. You sound like you've rejuvenated and are willing to give civilization another chance. I'm like Oscar, haven't done more than a passing visit in a long time. My priorities seem to need an adjustment.

The quiet is unreal and hard to find in today days. There were times when the wind was not rustling leaves still left on the trees, when nothing could be heard, which is just wow. i do this at least once a year, just to keep myself in line. Try to make a couple weeks, but prefer a month or more. After I give up the work thingy, I will hopefully be able to spend more time out there. Everyone should do at least a few hours a year in the back woods to help keep there mind in the right place. Oscar a couple decades! I would be afraid to think of such a thing.