Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween is around the corner

bats around tombstone scene.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Halloween 2022 bat tombstone scene 001.png  

Really looking good! The pumpkin is a nice addition to last years, like Mugsowners idea of the backlit. Ghost should be a cool one. The moon in the background makes the bats scene. Can't wait to see what you'll do with the others on your list. Guess I better get carving if I'm going to gave time to paint anything.
    Rick

This one gave me a ton of trouble to convert to a bas relief and then to a height map. Had to use multiple programs to finally get something decent. Blender for the model. Zbrush for the bas relief (obj file). Blender for the stl model. STL2png app to convert to height map.

I have not had a chance to run and get some poplar so I have not test carved any of the patterns. Let me know how it goes if you get to it first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails evil witch stl2png.png  

will do, and this one really says Halloween. Will probably be the first.
    Thx, Rick

Managed to get the evil witch carved in pine, the grain does show more than poplar but paint hides a lot. The face of the witch and the frog have very little detail carved on normal(1 hr).
    I think with painting that won't be much of an issue. Hope to get started on it soon., will post when done.
    Thx, Rick

Oscar,
    Have all 4 carved and have starting some painting. Noticed one item, not sure if you meant it to be that way but the top and bottom of the staff the witch is holding are out of line with each other. Watching the tv tonight and they happened to be talking about the Salem witch trials. It gave me an idea, the tombstone beside the witch is plain and maybe you might put Salem on one line and 1692 which is when most of the trials occurred on a second on the tombstone. Probably overthinking it and most of the world wouldn't relate to it.
    Thx, Rick

The staff is connected but its a perspective thing and the cauldron blocking the staff length. It was meant to be like a twisted root thing.

The writing on the tombstone is a great idea. I'll work on it tomorrow. The STL from the blender file is too large so couldn't use CW designer so had to go with Zbrush for the bas relief.

This is what the 3d model looks like from a different angle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails witch cauldron.png  

Wow, hard to believe the detail, can see the twisted staff and also gives me a better perspective of flames and branches.
    Thx

Now that looks really sharp. Have to agree with want2be. A little change on angle of view and items just pop to life.

The detail is coming from not being squished. lol

That was the 3d model before I try to get a bas relief from it. It is 4" x 5" x 5". I try to convert it to .25" x 5" x 5". I lose a lot of detail in the process. It takes skill to get the most detail you can get. Honestly, I am not all that skillful. You can model the detail back in but that can take a bit of time and effort.

I am working an animation project for my wife's Twitch channel (unicorn throwing up) but I'll see what I can do this afternoon with it.

This is the first pattern as its looks like a 3d model. As is, its 5 inches deep as mentioned above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails evil witch.png  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast