Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Halloween is around the corner

Re-did the pattern with the text. I tried to get more detail on the pattern but not sure how much I succeeded. Slightly different angle so the staff only show on the top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2022-09-22 16_05_33-Window.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Don't know how the carve will turn out but definitely more detail on the face and the addition on the tombstone makes it look better. Think I'm going to go up a level on the carve quality also to try and keep your improvements. Thanks again, really appreciate all your work. Hope your printer output is going as well as this.
    Rick

I have too many hobbies. Feels like I haven't done any actual cnc carving in a while.

Finished 3 more mallets for gifts but I still need to make 4 more. I still have to make my chess board for the custom chess set I printed. Bought a sous vide circulator so been experimenting with every protein I have. Also been doing a animation clips for my wife. I have 4 flute blanks that have been sitting out in the garage for months. Still playing with the 3d printer but not going 24/7 like at the beginning.

I did print out the pumpkin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8663 small.jpg  

That is really cool, first thing I've ever seen that I knew was printed. Didn't realize that it would involve cleanup just like the cnc projects. but being in 3d definitely puts it on a deferent level
    Thx for sharing it.
    Rick H

There are similarities to the CW.

You can print with thinner filament layer and slower speed that makes a smoother finished print or you can go with a medium filament layer and faster speed for a coarser but much faster print.

My cheap printer is anything but fast but pretty happy with it.

Ran the new witch and the improvement in the detail is very obvious Carved on Best and used a 1/32 bit, 1:50 time. Also like the different angle you picked and it is going to be a little easier to paint with the tombstone separated that little bit more from the cauldron. Got into some painting yesterday and will post pics soon.
    Thx, Rick H

Rick,

Thanks for testing the patterns. The temp should drop this week and hopefully I will start test carving the patterns as well.

Default Halloweens best

Managed to get these finished, am working on the newer version of the witch. They have become popular with the family.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220925_115358.jpg   20220925_115412.jpg   20220925_115428.jpg   20220925_115443.jpg  

I had to chuckle a little bit. The blood on the pumpkin teeth. They look great. They really pop.

lol. Pumpkin still chomping on trick or treaters.
    Last edited by oscarl48; 09-26-2022 at 07:45 PM.

Looking sharp Rick. Great job on the painting. The blood on the teeth is great. i agree with Oscar, makes it pop.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast