Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Halloween is around the corner

Thanks guys, am slowly getting a little better on the painting. Figuring out what is the best sequence to paint has helped a lot. Saves having to go back and touch up a lot. Also gave up the cheap brushes that came with the grandkids water colors.
    Rick H

Default Evil Witch 2

Here's my take on the new improved version of the evil witch thanks to Oscar's work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220927_140449.jpg  

Very cool! I am jealous of your painting skills. I can paint a barn...maybe. Not sure if they would let me get near the brushes.

I've got a feeling that your painting is only lacking due to your interests. Willing to bet it would be awesome with time devoted. We've seen what your 3d skills have done with the focus you've put in it. I'm sure your wife is enjoying your creations in the different arenas you provide them in. I know I enjoy and appreciate them.
    Thx, Rick H

The painting thing is not my strong suit. brushes, you have to get nice brushes, which can be hard to come by. I try to purchase hair, but hard to find brushes that hold up with out losing hair. Then there is the sight thing, I still got a good enough memory to remember when I could still see what I was painting. Oscar with all your skills something has to take the back seat, but thinking that you could still do fairly well. Nice job Rick.

Starting on the last one in the series. Skull on grave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blender skull on grave.jpg  

Have a feeling the skull will be the hard part. Thx for the insight into the process.
    Last edited by want2b; 10-01-2022 at 05:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Think I may be getting faster. Finished the model in about 45 minutes but ran out of my creative drive. Instead popped open a beer and made a pizza from scratch instead.

I am still playing with the camera angle and perspective. I'll post the height map tomorrow.

The pattern will not have anything on the tombstone so you can add whatever you'all want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skull on grave 002.jpg  

Couldn't decide which one was better so including both of my efforts. Very similar but with subtle differences.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skull on grave 002.png   skull on grave.png  

Like both, as you say subtle differences. Leaning to the one on the left, will decide after it carves.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast