Thread: Produce sign

Default Produce sign

Made a sign for a friend with a produce stand. Nothing fancy, two sided to place at an intersection nearby. Filled the letters with colored epoxy and finished with spar varnish hoping to protect it for a while being outside. Figured he can use it until the varnish fails and then carefully paint it white as the letters are slightly recessed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220803_150448.jpg  

Great work Rick. The spar if a few layers thick should do the job for a few years. I have signs that have been hanging on a couple gates for about ten years now. The only spar failure I'm is where the snows lays on the top edge thru the winter months. I think the signs I made were nice looking, and to help prove the point of how nice they look, one was stolen, shortly after it was installed. That meant a second was made to replace it, with care put into making harder to steal after install.

Sharp looking. Nicely done. Ditto on spar lasting at least for a little bit though dependent on the quality of the spar.

That's a very nice-looking sign. You were wise to choose a font that is easily readable from the road.

Thanks Jim, wanted to make it larger but was given size limits, hopefully it will be visible from the road as it it going to be on a 4 lane rd where everybody is in a hurry

Not sure of dimensions, but looks like is should be able to be seen, I am making a sign for a firewood seller right now, which should measure around 24" by 18". It will be a two piece sign. This sign will go where the traffic will be going by at 45mph a sign states, but we all know that folks tend to push that now and then, but we still what them to know there is firewood for sale.

The sign is 11.5 by 43 , the speed limit is 55 but most are running 65 and some push it to 70. Haven't seen a speeder stopped on it for several years. Seems most things like running red lights, etc are only charged if there's an accident involved. Then they make a list of any that apply. The sign will be near a stoplight and that will help a little.