Thread: cut motor seems like it is locked up

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

Angry cut motor seems like it is locked up

I was doing some test on my 4 machines , one of them has close door error , I changed the cover switch with no luck so I changed the termination board and nothing message is still there The 2nd machine has the close door issue also , did not attempt to fix, the third machine , while going through test and when I selected the cut motor it acted like the cut motor is locked up , the flex shaft twists and the test stops. Any ideas on these issues? I did not even try turning on the fourth machine because I am 0-3 so far. Any help I could get would be great. thanks in advance.

If I''m understand this correct, you see the flex shaft housing flex a bit before faults out? If that's the case the motor may be fine yet. Pull the flex shaft out of the Z truck. You should be able to spin the motor with the flex shaft easily. Being that the flex shaft housing moved I think would indicate that there is an issue with the Z truck. The spindle maybe froze up for some reason. Sounds like they have been sitting for a while. One of the bearing in the Z truck may have stiffened up. You should be able to spin the chuck by hand very easy with out the flex shaft connected. As far as the other two machines you can bypass the switches for testing purposes to see which switch is causing the message.

Agree with Mugsowner on the flex shaft test. On the switches I believe the left switch gives the Close Lid message and the right switch controls the cut motor, not 100% sure. Can't remember the numbers but from the control panel you can check status of most switches. With the cover switch on screen you can lift the lid and manually operate the switch with a pencil to see if its status changes. If you have a modified lid for vacuum it can sometimes hold the cover up just enough to keep the switch open.

edit note: checked the panel and 0 then 7 bring you to the cover switch sensor and it is the switch on the control panel side.

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    If I''m understand this correct, you see the flex shaft housing flex a bit before faults out? If that's the case the motor may be fine yet. Pull the flex shaft out of the Z truck. You should be able to spin the motor with the flex shaft easily. Being that the flex shaft housing moved I think would indicate that there is an issue with the Z truck. The spindle maybe froze up for some reason. Sounds like they have been sitting for a while. One of the bearing in the Z truck may have stiffened up. You should be able to spin the chuck by hand very easy with out the flex shaft connected. As far as the other two machines you can bypass the switches for testing purposes to see which switch is causing the message.
    I did not get any error message when it came to the cut motor, I did pull out the flex shaft and the spindles spins freely, but when the flex shaft is installed and I perform the cut motor test thats when you can hear and see the flex shaft make a twisting action and the tests stops. The close cover issue is with 2 of my other machines

Have you checked the motor brushes? On the two other machines. I do think Want2b is correct on the orientation of the switches and what job they preform. Sorry I forgot about the keypad option for testing the switches. The switches are not sealed, so dust can get n them. If you carve a lot of pine, the dust can cause issues with items sticking due to the pitch.