This might look like a block of wood, but it's a wireless phone charger. It's a simple carve with a cavity underneath to hold the coil and circuit board. There is a cut out for the USB charging plug. There's a hole so that you can see the charging LED status. The circuit board is from Adafruit in New York. Here is the link: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2162

Sometimes the coil is on a circular base rather than a square one. So I carved two different bases. I've made two of these now and they seem to work great. I know it works on iPhones with a thin case, but thick cases won't work. Not sure on Androids but if they support the Qi charging standard it should work. I also made a sled so carving future ones won't waste too much wood. I just used a satin varnish for the finish as I wanted the "block of wood on the desk look" ( what does it do?) On the photo you can see where I used the wrong screws for the circuit board and they came through. On the second one I made I used shorter screws! You could just use small stand-offs glued to the base then the board can be screwed into them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5206.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	88935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5207.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	88934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1032.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	88936