Thread: Floor project

Default Floor project

Latest project is a beauty salon for my daughter-in-law in a pole barn at their house. Got the idea it would be neat to personalize the floor so I carved the business name into a piece of the vinyl laminate. Then mixed up some epoxy, colored it and poured. Really happy with the results, will place a few rows inside the doorway and should make the floor pop.
    Rick H
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220625_064228.jpg  

That turned out awesome. If I may make a suggestion on where to place it though. Consider a highly visible area that had less traffic than the doorway.

Again that is a great piece you created.

Thanks Jim, wife and I are tickled with the result. Appreciate the feedback, we have had that same discussion. I wasn't explicit when I said doorway. Should have said set back from but in line with the doorway. The first 3 ft will be covered by an entry mat so we're looking at several ft beyond that. The surface of the epoxy is slightly lower than the laminate to hopefully lessen wear on it. Am prepared to go back and replace it with a regular plank and make an entry sign out of this one if any problem pops up.
    Rick H

Super cool to have the personal touch.