Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What pattern would you like me to share

I agree, you do some outstanding designs. As a recipient of one, I thank you again!
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Thanks guys. It was fun to make.

Test carve in poplar at .25 depth with medium draft, circle 6" for reference. Bit was a bit dull and zero sanding so a little fuzzy but overall happy with the pattern.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Regards,
    OG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8475 small.JPG   2022-06-26 21_21_01-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by oscarl48; 06-28-2022 at 01:37 PM.

Awesome, glad to here and see it carved well. I will be using this pattern in the new light design.

Can't wait to see how it comes out for you.

I am waiting on a light bar to arrive, so I can get the measurement of the light bar. After which I will be able to get the board sizes I need for the build. then I will be able design the light holder that will sit down into the top of the hood where the original light sat. This weekend I have to go north to do some tornado clean up and will gather some cedar lumber for the build that I have stored up there. I will post the project, hopefully give your(Oscar) design a proper home for all to enjoy.

On another site, someone gave the suggestion of making an eagle. I've been working on it the last few days. Wasn't sure how it would come out but finally have something to test carve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2022-06-29 20_35_12-Window.png  

It carved okay. I ran out of poplar and only had a chunk of pine in the bin. I hate carving in pine but it worked for a test carve.

Grey scale height map below. Just import it as an image into Designer for any new folks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8478 small.JPG   landing eagle.jpg  

Great eagle, reminds me of an old defiant poster I had when I was a bit younger. The poster had an eagle coming down on a mouse that was flipping the eagle off.

Wish you were closer to my area. I would set you up with poplar. I have hundreds laying on the ground after a tornado hit on 7-15-22. Last weekend moved about 500 trees off the roads of the property and I am heading up this weekend to open more roads.

lol. dang it I wish I lived closer too for that much poplar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast