Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What pattern would you like me to share

Default What pattern would you like me to share

Hey all,

I just bought a 3d printer and I have been going plain hog wild with it (it's been running 24/7 for the last three days) and it feels like I am neglecting my cnc roots.

So I am putting out a request for suggestions for a pattern I can make and share with the community. I am not placing any limitations on it this time. I am going to put this poll on all the sites I am a member of and if there are more than one suggestion I will pick the one I like the most.

The pattern I make will be shared as a grey scale height map image and also test carved to ensure no issues.

Suggestion deadline Fri 24 Jun 22 2400 CST

Regards,
    OG

I have to construct a new aquarium light for my wife's tank. i am putting together a surround that will hold the light and tall enough to vent the heat from said light. I could use some tropical fish carving to really bring the surround to life. Not sure if this is what you were looking for. congrats on the 3d printer purchase. I sure you will bring out the best of this printer.

Nope, that is perfect.

I've had the printer for a week and its been running 24/7 making little figures for my wife. I've made a few leather stamps for myself as experiments to see how they workout. Probably not surprising but 90% of cnc pattern making translates to 3d printing.
    Last edited by oscarl48; 06-24-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Glad to hear all your CNC abilities are a benefit with the 3d printer. Maybe watching it run will make you sleepy on those off nights. Know it's not carver but post a pic or 2 of your projects for us.
    Rick H

These are my latest prints. A dancing taco and a baby dragon. Also showing off the stamps. They worked great. Not rugged but probably good for a while since they are plastic and not bronze.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails latest prnts small.JPG  

That is so cool. I can see how the printer would be such a draw. You get to use your imagination in the conception, design it in the software, and then get to see the physical product in full 3D where it is only limited by your mind. It's obvious you are having a blast and will continue to do so. Have fun.
    Rick H

Those prints are awesome. I think the possibilities are endless with your imagination and creativity. I could see you printing casting molds!

Thanks all. Casting molds are definitely possible to make but the layer lines may be an issue depending on what you want to make. Also I have an entry level printer so not fast. You get better speed with more expensive printers. I am printing at medium quality and the prints are taking around 12 hours. On fine the prints are over 24 hours. Another consideration.

And thanks for the pattern suggestion. I am going to try to unveil the winning pattern by next weekend.

Here is preview of the model. I'll test carve tomorrow but I don't foresee any issue with the pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails beta fish render.png  

Great looking Beta. You do awesome work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast