Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What pattern would you all like to see made???

Wow, like everything that is in our minds the amount of options make us think. The picture in my mind was sort of like option 2. But once I see the different ones you created I'm going to have to do some thinking. Really appreciate your time and effort, will let you know and provide a pic of the winner. May take a while to get completed, life somehow keeps finding things to fill the hours..
    Rick H

No worries. Hope one of them works for you. I have the models now in my library so can always do a different configuration if you need.

And I know. I have to many hobbies and too much procrastination.

Took a minute and ran a test carve. What's the odds of the only knot on the board being exactly where the tennis ball ended up. Didn't even think to check. Was just a test so no biggie . Like all three designs and will probably do a smaller test carve on all and let her pick out her favorite. Haven't figured out the MPC design yet. Also want to play with how to color/stain this one to accent it
    Again, thanks a lot, really is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220529_151933.jpg  

Nice! Let us know how it goes.

Realized I was about to commit a big no no. Now I need another favor. The tennis player has a younger sister who has taken an interest in soccer so obviously I can't make something for just one. Any chance you would make something for soccer? Not a lot of options come to mind here, maybe the goal . Thought about a ball with it but the difference in size probably would make the ball a dot. Anyway, would greatly appreciate anything you will do to save my butt. Thanks in advance.

lol. I understand.

The goal might not be a good choice for a pattern. The net string/rope is really thin for carving. And you are right about there not being much. I googled the term and not much came up.

Finally, some soccer cleats with a soccer ball came up and I liked the image. I'll try to model something this afternoon. Have a doc appointment today.

Some quick modeling. What do you think?

The ball looks kind of weird without color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails soccer ball and shoes.png   soccer ball.png  

Looks good. Will try and get a test run. Agree on the weird, looks like a volleyball except the pattern. Paint should cure that ill.
    Thank you!!!!

It was bugging me that the ball would require painting for it to stand out as a soccer ball so I worked on the texture. I am hoping this works better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails soccer ball and shoes ver002.png  

The new one looks better than the first. Have already run a test of the first one and did a quick paint. Notice the slight change in the shoe/cleat along with the ball. Really makes a big difference. Will now be able to make one each for the granddaughters and not create any prob. My wife likes both so they have gotten the stamp of approval.
    As always, thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220605_135549.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast