Thread: Depth of carve problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Depth of carve problem

Acquired a C machine. Did overall maintenance and all seemed well. 1 prob I can't resolve. Pattern doesn't inset the high end below the surface of the board. Attached pic of boards, copy of MPC, running version 3.106. Have run MPC's using the same card on another machine with no prob. Pic is of both carves. I have tried adjusting the depth and the MPC height up and down and the result is the same. Tried a calibrate thickness and used the result from measuring the board with a micrometer with the same result. Tried calibrating and adjusting the depth thicker and thinner than the micrometer numbers with the same results. I placed a .24 shim on the sliding plate where the bit touches with the same results. Removed that and placed the shim on the squaring plate by the tracking sensor with the same result. Know I'm missing something, just hope somebody else can show me what I'm missing. Appreciate any help.
    Thx, Rick H

Still looking, cut a piece of wood. Measured thickness on known good machine, measured same piece on problem machine , adjusted calibration to the same depth and measured again getting the same thickness as the good machine. Carved with the same result as before, still a flat spot on the carve for on the front side of the carve. Will try to do other tests as I think of them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails depth problem.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by want2b; 12-20-2021 at 05:07 PM. Reason: add info