Thread: Working with D-1.88

1. Default Working with D-1.88

Hey
    Bought my CW in 2006 and have used it very infrequently, but have now moved and retired on West Coast Canada and want to use and design with basic CW designer 1.188 build 59. Please advise whether older and newer versions of Carvewright site patterns and mpc files etc are compatible with my software, and if not, are there methods/tricks to make them work?
    Glad CW has a desktop footprint having lost my double garage workshop. Look forward to be re-inspired by what this forum has done over last 10 years!
    Keep those sawdust piles growing! Thanks
    Cheers
    Irv

I am actually using CW Designer 1.186, because that is the last version my machine will handle. I have not had any issues with .ptn files that I have purchased off the Carvewright website.

Shouldn't have any issue with mpc or ptn files that I am aware of. If someone knows different let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Shouldn't have any issue with mpc or ptn files that I am aware of. If someone knows different let us know.
    My memory isn't what it once was(along with a lot of other things) but I seem to remember having an issue downloading some items posted on the forum. Got a message about the version being created in a newer version when it tried to open in the older software. Can't offer an opinion on anything purchased from the pattern store.

You are right. My brain doesn't work too good now a days. ptn created with newer designer won't open in older versions. mpc's should work fine.