Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cleaning out the Pattern library?

Default cleaning out the Pattern library?

I have seen this topic a while back on here I think but I can't find it now so I'm hoping there's some help out there. When I hit the pattern tool and my pattern bar pops up I have so many duplicates and patterns that were not very good I would like to clean it out but can't find where it's located in my computer. Any help out there? I hope.

Thanks

Thank you Oscarl48, I will check it out.

Man, it did not help. I can't find any file that is listed as favorite or owner/carvewright. When I open the pattern library and right click on a duplicate it will say delete but it does not delete it. Seems to me that file must be somewhere. Any more thoughts?

Are you on Windows or Mac?

On windows 10, this is how I found the files. In the search window in the lower left corner, I typed Carvewright and Carvewright files came up. This folder is where I found the files that you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Man, it did not help. I can't find any file that is listed as favorite or owner/carvewright. When I open the pattern library and right click on a duplicate it will say delete but it does not delete it. Seems to me that file must be somewhere. Any more thoughts?

Where in the how to it says OWNER that will probably be your name or what you set up your computer ID to be.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-12 130105.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	88799Thanks for the help, I feel pretty stupid right now. I have looked in every file on this computer and can't find anything relating to favorites. Maybe I have been looking for the wrong thing, it is the pattern library I need to edit but can't find that anywhere either. The picture is a screen shot of my pattern library and as you can see it needs cleaning. I am using windows 10 and have searched every file on this computer and could not find it, yet it still has to be here. Any more thoughts on this.

No reason to feel anything but frustrated.

This is how I found the file on my system. I am using designer 2 so don't know if its different for other version. Finally big caution on not deleting your primary favorite folder.

1. Start designer so its loaded into memory and then go to the C: drive and Users folder.

2. Select whatever owner is on your system.

3. Select the carvewright folder

4. Here you should be able to delete the extra files. Again be careful on deleting only what you want to delete. I created a copy so I could test deleting it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-11-12 13_57_54-Windows (C_).png   2021-11-12 13_58_37-Users.png   2021-11-12 13_58_58-oscar.png   2021-11-12 13_59_14-CarveWright.png  

Wow, it worked! funny I was in there before but it did not show anything as a copy nor does it say anything about being the pattern library. I backed up every thing to a disc and deleted all of it. It cleaned out everything but what was loaded in the pattern library when I got it. Now I can go through all of it and pick the ones I want to keep. Thank you so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast