Thread: Unable to Downgrade to Mojave

Default Unable to Downgrade to Mojave

Due to various reasons I am not able to Downgrade my Mac's to Mojave, running Catalina and Big Sur. So I still have one Mac that is on El Capitan and an older laptop with Windows 10. My understanding is that I am going to have to unregister the Mac with Catalina and then install, transfer files, on the Mac with El Capitan and register that one... But one question if I choose the Win 10 will my License's work for Windows??

Thanks,

Bill...

Oh also any idea on update date?

My understanding is the license is good for 2 computers but I have never heard anyone ask your question about 1 MAC and 1 Win10. One of the Moderators can probably give you a definite answer or you can call Carvewright tomorrow and they will be able to answer your questions. They also will be able to deact/act the computers as needed.
    Good luck, Rick H

Quote Originally Posted by want2b View Post
    My understanding is the license is good for 2 computers but I have never heard anyone ask your question about 1 MAC and 1 Win10. One of the Moderators can probably give you a definite answer or you can call Carvewright tomorrow and they will be able to answer your questions. They also will be able to deact/act the computers as needed.
    Good luck, Rick H
    Thanks for the prompt reply... guess I will be calling or sending an email maybe tomorrow as I had to have them deact/act my computers previously.

Quote Originally Posted by cntbill View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply... guess I will be calling or sending an email maybe tomorrow as I had to have them deact/act my computers previously.
    Just an update... No I didn't try the Windows route. I just went and reinstalled my old hard drives and booted up on them, Updated Disigner Pro 3, completed the project, and All is Good. So until the updates are available for Catalina just need to reboot and start Mojave. But still be interested in if License would cover both Mac and Windows..

Quote Originally Posted by cntbill View Post
    Just an update... No I didn't try the Windows route. I just went and reinstalled my old hard drives and booted up on them, Updated Disigner Pro 3, completed the project, and All is Good. So until the updates are available for Catalina just need to reboot and start Mojave. But still be interested in if License would cover both Mac and Windows..

I would give CarveWright a call to be sure but, you should be able to have Designer installed on a Windows and a Mac to complete your 2 licenses.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

When I first got my machine about 10 years ago I had Designer installed on a Windows computer and a Mac with no problem. I never gave it a thought their rules just say 2 computers.

Yes, I should call, but have been getting in late this week, but I am off Friday so then I will have to make time.... Thanks all