Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracking Roller error

You will have to delete the back side in Designer then run again.

There is a Facebook group too for sometimes quicker answers.

Don't give up, you will master this... It will be fun.

Look at all the fun stuff I made when I was doing the Craft Shows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09958_WEB.jpg   DSC09577_WEB.jpg   DSC06068_WEB.jpg   DSC01630_WEB.jpg  

DSC01603_WEB.jpg   DSC01632_WEB.jpg   DSC05474_WEB.jpg   DSC05437_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    You will have to delete the back side in Designer then run again.

There is a Facebook group too for sometimes quicker answers.

Don't give up, you will master this... It will be fun.

Look at all the fun stuff I made when I was doing the Craft Shows.
    I am getting closer to giving up! I have deleted the back side (keyhole) - but will it carve in the center as it was supposed to? I dont want the keyhole to hang the carving sideways!
    I created a lot of things with my old carvewright... I know the fun I had doing it.... However, my ticker and BP is not in as good of shape as it was 20 years ago...
    Thus the question becomes - do I kill it before it kills me?

Ok, I have checked everything that has been mentioned short of the micro-switches, which I cant see. It appears to become a paperweight of which I have no use for. THe error message I am getting remains clear track roller and clear track sensor. I am also getting this error message: E49-0331.
    Going to check into returning it. Cant fight this issue every 3 carvings. 4 hours and 43 minutes on cutting motor.

Select Options (0) - Sensor Check (7) press Down Arrow to display roller status. Crank down on your board. Front and Back Rollers should both read Compressed.

The tape thing is fairly simple. When you place a board in the machine, where you place it is where the truck moves across to measure the width. This is the area I place one strip of tape, so the board senor mounted to the truck can see it. after measuring width the truck moves to the keypad side of board, then out a couple inches and stops. This is where the board starts to move to the right, if looking at keypad. Where the truck stops is where the second piece of tape is placed to make the T shape. When the board starts to move the tracking roller starts to record counts, as the board moves to the right the compression roller drops out, this is where the board sensor takes over and starts looking for the edge. the strip of tape on the bottom helps insure the roller maintain an accurate count. A longer board unsupported will also cause this issue, as it travels out of the machine the offset weight of the board will cause it to lift off the roller. Keep asking and telling us of what happens and what you would like to know, we can get though this I'm sure.

I really appreciate your help. But you know, you shouldnt be the one showing/telling me this stuff. Its a shame that LHR doesnt create how-to videos on the troubleshooting aspects of this very complicated machine. It would save them time and customer aggravation, not to mention all the online damning words that disappointed customers have written about their encounters with the machine and the LHR policies.
    Im not quite ready to completely give up on it... but I have already begun looking into getting rid of it... by the way - its the measuring length that is the issue, not the width. Seems to me that the problem would be on both measurements.....not just the length

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    The tape thing is fairly simple. When you place a board in the machine, where you place it is where the truck moves across to measure the width. This is the area I place one strip of tape, so the board senor mounted to the truck can see it. after measuring width the truck moves to the keypad side of board, then out a couple inches and stops. This is where the board starts to move to the right, if looking at keypad. Where the truck stops is where the second piece of tape is placed to make the T shape. When the board starts to move the tracking roller starts to record counts, as the board moves to the right the compression roller drops out, this is where the board sensor takes over and starts looking for the edge. the strip of tape on the bottom helps insure the roller maintain an accurate count. A longer board unsupported will also cause this issue, as it travels out of the machine the offset weight of the board will cause it to lift off the roller. Keep asking and telling us of what happens and what you would like to know, we can get though this I'm sure.

I sent you several links to Troubleshooting docs and videos, yesterday. The best way to contact us is support@carvewright.com or 713-473-6572.

You are correct. The length and width are measured by two different sources. Width is by the Board Sensor and Length, by the Tracking Roller (brass wheel) until the compression roller drops and then the board sensor kicks on to find the ends of the board.

First question is, what is your head pressure?
    Second, is your board flat, warped, bowed, have divits on bottom edge that rides on brass wheel?
    Third, is the compression roller dropping down or is it pushing the board out the back of the machine?
    Are you adding 7" and saying NO to stay under rollers?
    Finally, did you put masking tape on edge that rides brass wheel?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I sent you several links to Troubleshooting docs and videos, yesterday. The best way to contact us is support@carvewright.com or 713-473-6572.

You are correct. The length and width are measured by two different sources. Width is by the Board Sensor and Length, by the Tracking Roller (brass wheel) until the compression roller drops and then the board sensor kicks on to find the ends of the board.

First question is, what is your head pressure?
    Second, is your board flat, warped, bowed, have divits on bottom edge that rides on brass wheel?
    Third, is the compression roller dropping down or is it pushing the board out the back of the machine?
    Are you adding 7" and saying NO to stay under rollers?
    Finally, did you put masking tape on edge that rides brass wheel?
    Head pressure was 78 lbs on home scale (not sure on accuracy of it)
    Boards are flat and square with no imperfections. 3/4 inch thick
    I do not know on the compression roller dropping or not.
    I am adding 8 inches to each board and have tried both options - yes and no
    I did try masking tape along the edge where the brass wheel tracks. It is about the same color as the wood. Would colored painter's tape be better? Or is this just for traction?
    Thank you for the assistance. I will check the roller drop and look at the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM57 View Post
    Head pressure was 78 lbs on home scale (not sure on accuracy of it)
    Boards are flat and square with no imperfections. 3/4 inch thick
    I am adding 8 inches to each board and have tried both options - yes and no
    I did try masking tape along the edge where the brass wheel tracks. It is about the same color as the wood. Would colored painter's tape be better? Or is this just for traction?
    Thank you for the assistance. I will check the roller drop and look at the videos.
    On your machine, the head pressure should be between 80-90 lbs.
    Sensor checks are under 0 (Options) >7 (Sensor check) to check compression rollers.
    For the brass wheel it is purely traction. For the width, it needs to be beige masking tape.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM57 View Post
    You need to check the compression roller switches as I described. It's simple and easy to do. The board sensor is not used until the roller drops. If the switch is dirty or stuck, the machine will spit out the board exactly as you have described.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast