Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tracking Roller error

Thanks Lynn. Was gardening all day yesterday and some this morning and finally got to watch the machine very closely. Checked everything you listed to no avail.... but while watching I noticed the board "jumped" ever so slightly as it was moving left to right and the error then appeared.
    Took the board out and looked at it very closely... the board on the keyboard side was not perfectly flat. Though it was square in all 4 corners, there was a very slight <0.5 mm (perhaps 3 inch long) convex bow in the middle of the 28 inch maple board. I tried another maple board and it worked. Since then I have got one more pattern to run fine.
    I appreciate everyone's help and also apologize for "blaming" the machine and not checking my board more closely than I did.
    I will also double check the head pressure!

Good Job !!!!
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Congrats, glad to see you found your issue. One good thing to come out of this, I think you that a better understanding of the workings of the machine.

Great that the problem has been resolved for you. The members who try to give reasons for issues have experienced most of the failures and their causes. The wonderful part is they are all willing to freely share what they have learned. The machine will have mechanical/electronic failures like any other tool. Hopefully patience will provide the cause as in so many things in life our world is going thru to find the solution.
    Enjoy, Rick H

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    Congrats, glad to see you found your issue. One good thing to come out of this, I think you that a better understanding of the workings of the machine.
    Absolutely. Now I am working on the finishing side of projects carved thus far. Not exactly how I had hoped, but it too, will be another learning session. Thanks Mugsowner!

Quote Originally Posted by want2b View Post
    Great that the problem has been resolved for you. The members who try to give reasons for issues have experienced most of the failures and their causes. The wonderful part is they are all willing to freely share what they have learned. The machine will have mechanical/electronic failures like any other tool. Hopefully patience will provide the cause as in so many things in life our world is going thru to find the solution.
    Enjoy, Rick H
    Thank you Rick. Its been a struggle, but with my old machine I got through it pretty well on my own (no internet forums to help then!) Thats probably what what causing my frustrations.
    John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123