Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Designer Pro And Add-On Modules

1. Default

So when it comes to the Centerline Text and Conforming Vectors add-ons, does that significantly reduce the carve time? Like does it travel back and forth on the X-axis or does the X and Y work together to carve out each letter in stroke?

It can reduce carve time, and yes the X and Y work together with Centerline.

The attached examples are on a 12" x 6" board. Centerline time is 3:34 and Raster 6:31.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example centerline.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	643.2 KB 
ID:	88650 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example raster.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	650.7 KB 
ID:	88651

If these were placed in a Carve Region, Centerline with Conforming Vectors will take more time. This is because the Raster Text and Carve Region are done as one operation, but Centerline will be a second operation after the region is carved. Centerline 18:09 and Raster 12:41 in the examples.

Name:	Centerline carve region.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	639.6 KB 
ID:	88652 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raster carve region.PNG 
Size:	648.1 KB 
ID:	88653

3. Default

Thank you so much. I think after a payday or 2, I’m going to pull the trigger on this one and vectors. I want to get into sign making so I think these will be great to have on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    It can reduce carve time, and yes the X and Y work together with Centerline.

The attached examples are on a 12" x 6" board. Centerline time is 3:34 and Raster 6:31.

Name:	example centerline.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	643.2 KB 
ID:	88650 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example raster.PNG 
Size:	650.7 KB 
ID:	88651

If these were placed in a Carve Region, Centerline with Conforming Vectors will take more time. This is because the Raster Text and Carve Region are done as one operation, but Centerline will be a second operation after the region is carved. Centerline 18:09 and Raster 12:41 in the examples.

Name:	Centerline carve region.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	639.6 KB 
ID:	88652 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raster carve region.PNG 
Size:	648.1 KB 
ID:	88653

Over the years I did end up with Pro and I think I have all the addons now.
    It takes time before you really develop your style and figure out what you really end up liking to make, you may not need or want all the goodies after you get deeper in.
    But for me I think Centerline text and the dxf importer ended up being my two most used features.
    And I thought the stl importer was going to be the big one, and I really haven't used it as much as I initially thought I would. Nothing wrong with it, that's just how things developed for me, so you just never know in the beginning.
    I use everything because I have it, but there are ways to work around not having some of those features.

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12