Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Designer Pro And Add-On Modules

Default Designer Pro And Add-On Modules

It's becoming pretty clear that the Designer Basic isn't going to allow me to do some of the projects that I would like to. I want to upgrade but the add-on modules and Designer Pro aren't cheap. Just wanted to get some opinions on what the most important upgrades are and if the Designer Pro includes any of the features of the add-ons or what other benefits it offers.

That's a hard question to answer, it all depends on what you want to do. I would suggest downloading the trial version of Designer Pro and the add ons and playing with them. There are many tutorials on the Carvewright site for the add ons that would help also.

Yes, please elaborate on what you would like to do in your projects.

Pro does NOT have any add-on modules included in the license. They are available separately. Look here to determine which one you need: https://www.carvewright.com/add-on-modules/
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

All add on modules will work in the Basic version.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    All add on modules will work in the Basic version.
    Some have features that are not available unless you have the newer versions, such as ability to connect Pattern Sculptor and Designer. Also, the rotary jig requires Designer PRO.

See side by side comparison here: http://www.carvewright.com/project-designer/

I'm looking mostly to do projects such as decorative boxes or signs. Nothing too over the top. And I'm curious what features you get with Pro versus what you get with individual add ons. Also if anyone has any previous experience with an add on that they got the most use out of.

Quote Originally Posted by MechKelly View Post
    I'm looking mostly to do projects such as decorative boxes or signs. Nothing too over the top. And I'm curious what features you get with Pro versus what you get with individual add ons. Also if anyone has any previous experience with an add on that they got the most use out of.
    No add-on modules are in the PRO version. There are only upgrades to some add-ons in the PRO version. PRO does include many features that are not in Basic or in any of the modules. See side by side comparison linked below.

I would say Centerline & Conforming Vectors are the most used, especially if doing signs.

Each module has a different purpose, so it all depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Some have features that are not available unless you have the newer versions, such as ability to connect Pattern Sculptor and Designer. Also, the rotary jig requires Designer PRO.

See side by side comparison here: http://www.carvewright.com/project-designer/
    Yes I know this, point this to the person asking the question so that they can view the side by side features.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by MechKelly View Post
    I would suggest Centerline and Conforming Vectors for signs as suggested by lynnfrwd. I would hold off on purchasing Pro until you find that you need it, unless budget is not an issue. That said, one feature in Pro that is nice for signs is the Select Material function, which allows textures to be applied to carve regions. This can provide a more interesting background to text than a plain flat carve region.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151112_083755.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	88649

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast