Well shoot, my wood shop started on fire 3am February 12. I tried to break out around the chimney and used the fire extinguisher but just not enough. Got my snowplow out and my pickup out of the carport but all my tools and stuff are a goner. It took our fire department 45 minutes to get here, it was pretty much a goner by then. It was also -17°F at the time and their hoses froze after about 2 minutes.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woodshopburn.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	88619
Here is a picture of the shop right after we got it built back in 2000. We built this ourselves over a 2 or 3 year span. Materials for it back then were around $25,000

Name:	GarageAllSides7-26-2000.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	452.7 KB 
ID:	88620

This is a picture from shortly after I got my Carvewright machine (2009)

Name:	InsideShopWideShot.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	306.1 KB 
ID:	88622

This summer I just got all my cabinets built under the carport and all my sealed burls organized. A log I was going to carve a laying bear out of.

Name:	GarageCarPortCabs7-1-2020.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	868.4 KB 
ID:	88621

Had insurance but underestimated the the value by about half. Me and my family are probably to old to rebuild this ourselves. Had contents insurance too, hoping that will give us enough to at least get the outside of the building rebuilt.

Here is what it looks like today. Still Winter here so haven't gotten started on clean up yet. It got hot enough to melt everything made out of aluminum.

Name:	today.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	88623

Kind of bummed out. Had just about every kind of tool in that shop. Almost anything I could think of I could go up there and make. Had some semi-finished projects up there as well. At some point I would like to ask if any of you folks would mind running off an item or two on your carve wrights, that I could buy from you to replace a couple of them. I had made patterns of them and had them on the forum. Going to be quite a while before I can replace the tools that were in there.

~Mike