Thread: Importing Image - Default File Location?

Default Importing Image - Default File Location?

OK, so I am a newbee to CW, have a question about where the software default file location is but first let me explain that I have a LAN at my home, several desktop workstations with 2 servers and a data storage device. This makes it easy for me to backup my data, thus any issues with any desktop station I can reload the OS and Applications not having to worry about my data being lost.

I have loaded the CW Basic software of one of my desktops (the one I have the project memory card programmer on) and have the few .mpc file data on the LAN data storage device, loads very well when doing a project.

Starting to do some of my own designs, the latest needs to have a file image loaded. When I step through the dialog boxes the last one (see attached image) saves the file somewhere called "default". I have searched my servers, the desktop machine I am using, and the data storage device but can not find where it is storing it nor does the image show up on the board I have setup in the project file I am using.

What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image Saving File Location.JPG  

The image (now pattern) goes into your Pattern Library (Blue Shell icon) under Favorites. Click once on pattern and once on your project board to place it or click and drag to the board.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks for the reply!

You explained how to get to the Favorites when in the program. Unfortunately before I realized what I was doing I saved several of the save images/patterns in Favorites and the Favorites list i how about 25 of the same entries. I see I can delete them (some of them) in the program but not delete the Favorites folder(s), so what I would like to do is to go to where these patterns and folders are stored within the system so I can arrange them without all the duplicates.

Where do I find the Favorite Folders?

I attached a screenshot of how this looks now in the program.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorites List.JPG  

I am always hesitant to direct people to this location, because trying to open the Favorites file results in it multiplying like rabbits. You can only see what is in the file through Designer. You should ONLY EVER HAVE ONE Favorites folder. Multiples slow down the system. Having more than one is caused two ways. One is trying to open the file outside of Designer. Second is failure to use the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR command when registering the software. To locate these files, go to C:// drive > Users > Your Name > CarveWright. DO NOT OPEN. You can delete or move out of that folder. Leave the one with the greatest size. (That's where all of your patterns are.) If you create a lot of your own patterns, I advise you to move them out, not delete, in case there is a pattern you created in one that is not in the largest. Remember licensed patterns can be re-downloaded from your Customer Registration Account.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I am always hesitant to direct people to this location, because trying to open the Favorites file results in it multiplying like rabbits. You can only see what is in the file through Designer. You should ONLY EVER HAVE ONE Favorites folder. Multiples slow down the system. Having more than one is caused two ways. One is trying to open the file outside of Designer. Second is failure to use the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR command when registering the software. To locate these files, go to C:// drive > Users > Your Name > CarveWright. DO NOT OPEN. You can delete or move out of that folder. Leave the one with the greatest size. (That's where all of your patterns are.) If you create a lot of your own patterns, I advise you to move them out, not delete, in case there is a pattern you created in one that is not in the largest. Remember licensed patterns can be re-downloaded from your Customer Registration Account.
    Thanks! I had been in the Favorites folder but the names did not correspond to the names shown in the program so I did not touch them. I was able to clean up my Favorites in the program!