Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac problems

Default Mac problems

I know there are problems with MAC iOS and designer updates... but is there something I can do to fix this problem, when I try to add text to a project, not only does it take forever for the letter to show in the pop up box, it then takes twice as long to add it to the project. I’m using the latest Catalina iOS on my Mac any help is appreciated...
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

LHR advised people not to update to Catalina. I'm surprised it works at all. I use High Sierra and I still have problems with text but not as bad as you do. This is getting old, seems like LHR does not care much about Mac users!

I misspoke, I am using Mojave v.10.14.6.
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Sounds like you have not turned off AppNap.

From the Applications folder, right click (or equivalent) on Designer Icon. Go to Get Info. Check the Prevent App Nap box and hit finish.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Connie, I can’t find the “Prevent App Nap” box. Can I look anywhere else, if you know, or am I just not seeing it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A23F8FCA-4061-4B65-A2A4-14AEBC34BC91.jpeg  

Open finder then Applications and right click on Designer icon then click on "Get Info" and click on Prevent APP NAP. Hope this fixes your problem.

Dale,
    Still can't see "Prevent App Napp" in Get Info from the Designer icon. Maybe I'm just not seeing it? Thank you for the response.
    Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fullsizeoutput_e6b.jpeg  

Gee I don't know why it's not showing here is what I have
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 8.24.48 AM.png  

Gary, Here is an other option, disable App Nap for your whole computer . Do a search for "disable App Nap system wide for Maverick"

Looks like you are running different versions of Designer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast