Thread: I need a 3D file for WWII ruptured duck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I need a 3D file for WWII ruptured duck

Customer wants a door plaque, but I can't find a pattern or a file to make a pattern. Could buy a lapel pin but they are too small to scan.
    thanks
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Could anyone give me the step by step instructions on how to start a new thread. I cannot find it to save my life!

WOW Thanks so much! I don't why this is so difficult for me. You are the Greatest!

Go to the main page and select what section you want to post in - Patterns, Carvewright machine, Technique etc. From there go to the top left side of screen and click on Post new thread. Type in your question and on the bottom right side of screen click on Submit new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    Customer wants a door plaque, but I can't find a pattern or a file to make a pattern. Could buy a lapel pin but they are too small to scan.
    thanks
    Clint
    I had never heard of the ruptured ducks.
    So I spent some time reading about them the other night, very interesting.
    I looked for an image or something to work of of for pattern, not much for decent images available.

I forgot to save the website address, but there was a site related to the ruptured ducks, I'm assuming you probably saw it too.
    It might be a long shot but maybe try contacting the site owner. Maybe he would have something saved that wasn't posted on the website yet.

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Default Non 3D

Don't have a 3D file but did find an image and made a ptn if that's any help. Not the best at the editing. Also have the orig image and a .mpw I made. If those might help PM me with your email and I'll send them.
    Remember seeing the pin in my Dad's things but didn't know what it signified, thx.
    Rick H
    Attached Files Attached Files