Thread: Designer Pro "Select Materials"

Default Designer Pro "Select Materials"

So I was experimenting with the "Select Materials" function today while avoiding other projects.

And I recalled from the past that I could rotate the pattern direction by inverting the "H Sample/V Sample" variables.
    So basically changing the texture from running in the X axis to running along the Y axis for example.

My question is, can the pattern be rotated at other angles as well?
    And has anybody found a description of the other settings do, Octave, Threshold, ect. ?
    I've played with them and figured out how some of them act, but I've never fully understood them all.
    I've always wanted more texture options, and I know it's right here at my finger tips, but as is all to often the case I still haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks, in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Select Materials.PNG 
Views:	19 
Size:	268.1 KB 
ID:	88498

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

About the 8 minute mark... https://youtu.be/3dPzF5N5OlU
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Oh for crying out loud....... I think I skipped right over that part of that video the other night when I was searching around for an answer.
    I'm heading out the door for work in a few minutes, I'll watch the rest of it tonight.

Thanks for the help sir!

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck