Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board Sensor

Default Board Sensor

My machine was midway through a project and had a Z axis stall... I cleared the stall and got it running again but not it is telling me that I need to clear the board sensor. I ran through the tutorials on cleaning it and checking it, sure enough it no longer is reading the wood (even with a white piece of paper on top) I only get a 0-1, nothing higher than a 7.... so I am looking at purchasing a new sensor from CarveWright but do not know which sensor it actually is. I could use some advice please.

Make sure you didn't accidentally unplug it while fixing the z-stall.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

From what I can see the board sensor is not in stock as it is not listed in the store. When items are not in stock, they do not list them as for sale. Like Lynn stated check your cable connections to make sure you did not unplug something. Don't just look, make sure they are in. A little loose can cause an issue. Just checking here the sensor is mounted on the lower back side of the Z truck.

Thank you for the advice. I did double check and it is definitely plugged in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	119633744_1213996258967295_4901299288737534331_n.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	408.7 KB 
ID:	88497Here is a picture of the board sensor when I removed it. It is filled with red dust (from carving Padauk).
    Last edited by Sigwab; 09-19-2020 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Picture did not post

I take a knife and cut that flap off and clean the sensor. Then tape it back up.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I think I'll try that.... you can't break something that is already broken... well sort of... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I take a knife and cut that flap off and clean the sensor. Then tape it back up.
    We aren't putting the clear cover on any more. It just traps the sawdust inside.

Blow it out and retest to see if reading goes up. If it does, keep blowing.

Zero is likely a unplugged or broken cable.

I cut the clear cover off the sensor and cleaned off the sawdust and just left the cover off completely. I now get 0 on the the closest Y axis and 154 on the board (just like I'm supposed to be getting), this indicates that it is now working properly. I was thinking about doing a test run but not sure if it will damage the machine in any way without the clear cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigwab View Post
    I cut the clear cover off the sensor and cleaned off the sawdust and just left the cover off completely. I now get 0 on the the closest Y axis and 154 on the board (just like I'm supposed to be getting), this indicates that it is now working properly. I was thinking about doing a test run but not sure if it will damage the machine in any way without the clear cover.
    It won't. Like I said, we send them out without clear covers now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast