Thread: Board Sensor

Default Board Sensor

So my A series has been packed away for a little over a year and I am getting back into doing some small work. I have a simple small 12"x16"camper sign to remake for someone and I can't get my machine to clear the Board Sensor. I tested the sensor and to goes from 0-1 without anything under it all the way up to 147-150 over the board. I have cleaned it, removed it and cleaned it, and have had no luck getting the machine to go past board sensor error! HELP ME PLEASE! This poor lady has been waiting for her signs! If I need to order a new sensor, I need to do it today so I can get her the signs.

Is your board a dark color, are you using blue painters tape, are there any void/gaps in the board or jig that you are carving one? All of these will give you a clear board sensor error. The sensor is expecting to see the board at a certain point and it is not seeing it.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Is your board a dark color, are you using blue painters tape, are there any void/gaps in the board or jig that you are carving one? All of these will give you a clear board sensor error. The sensor is expecting to see the board at a certain point and it is not seeing it.
    Solid piece of pine with no holes/knots. I even painted it white.

I see on your other post for help that you ordered another board sensor. If it is reading 0 off the board and up to 150 over the board the sensor is working. There is some other issue of it not detecting/reading the position of the board. Read through this to see if anything might help.

http://support.carvewright.com/pleas...ensor-message/
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I have had issues with white items and the board sensor. Not sure if it was glare or some other issue. I use masking tape in a T pattern so the tape stays under sensor while it is looking for the board. Works great for me.

Do you have any bright lights shining on the machine? Could be blinding the sensor.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com