Thread: Double side carving failed but don't know why or how

Default Double side carving failed but don't know why or how

I was using an old pattern from October 2012 - Heart shape box. I have made this before with out problems and wanted to make another for my Granddaughter. The only addition to original plan was to add her initials. The first carved OK and I flipped over the board and started the second side to carve. I thought there as a problem as the carving bit seems to carved though. But as this entire part is cut out I couldn't remember how it carved. The issue is that the first carve did not start in middle of the board like I assumed I asked it to. The second side did carve from the center. There ware no errors on the carve or power fluctuations during the carve. So I assume I goofed on the first side carve.

Is my assumption correct?

The front and rear patterns are centered both horizontally and vertically, and I printed it fine many years ago... as far as i can remember anyway and the evidence is on the dressing table!

A couple of pictures might explain it better.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4361.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	88481Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4362.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	88482

Like I said I think I goofed but just was checking with the forum as it's been a while since I used the machine.

Yes that's what I'm thinking.... The project uses a sled and I may have hit yes instead of no for by accident on first my carve. Duh! Oh well will try again tomorrow!

Thanks for confirming my mistake.