Thread: Depth Map

Default Depth Map

Anybody have any idea how to turn something like this into a depth map?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TWD Doors.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	88463

(Picture credit goes to: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAU)

Here is an import image quick pattern. I Also imported the image into sculptor and did well. There are free apps as well. Inkscape has trace bitmap which can separate as many layers as you scan. Gimp allows you to freehand the color curves to produce nearly instant greyscale heightmaps except you're not limited to shades of grey.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TWD Doors 2a.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	88464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TWD Doors 2c.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	88466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TWD Doors 2b.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	88465
    Last edited by sjmoore69; 08-16-2020 at 07:51 PM. Reason: grammar
    "...I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Isaac Newton

I ran the image through Shadermap 4 and got similar results. Not too happy with it. I am going to do a quick pattern and see how it comes out. It will be similar but not exact.

Not a great pattern but hope someone finds it useful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-08-16 19_45_01-Window.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very clean and tidy. Great job.
    "...I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Isaac Newton

That is really interesting. Thank you for teaching me about these programs. I will need to play with them and see what they can do. Thanks again.