Thread: DXF imported file missing some lines

Default DXF imported file missing some lines

I'm using a free CAD program LibreCAD to reconstruct some clock parts from my Mystery Clock project. Often, not always, when I import the CAD output with DXF Importer, some lines are missing. I don't think it is a problem with the LibreCAD output, because the files seem to import just fine in other software (FreeCAD and InkScape).

I've attached a file in question hoping that LHR or anyone can take a look and offer suggestions, or even just verify that it is a DXF Importer bug. I am just learning LibreCAD, so I wouldn't rule out a problem on my end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LibreCAD.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	88457 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DXF Import.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	88458
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was going to say open vectors but they do not seem to be open in other programs. I wonder if those are the areas that the importer said it could not import?

And, yes I have seen the same thing in other vector drawings.

Did you send this to the software support people? They do not monitor the forum.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

It just said that it could not import text, which is nio issue. They are closed vectors. If I rotate the one part then it is imported no problem. I will contact software support. Thanks.