Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a single rose pattern

Talking looking for a single rose pattern

I am an extremely new user of carvewright machine (started using it last month only). I am looking for a good rose pattern to use on a project box lid I am making for my mother. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

There are several in the Pattern Depot https://store.carvewright.com/produc...1&bestseller=Y

Thank you very much. Took a look and will try to see if I can design one of my own. Can't hurt to play around right? (trial by fire)

I encourage everyone to have at least basic pattern building skills. Let us know how it goes and if you run into any roadblocks.

Don't know if you looked here:

https://forum.carvewright.com/misc.p...chments&t=2046

Great resource.

You will be amazed at what you can get from taking a simple picture (on a backdrop, or live setting) , and using the Import Image feature. I also import many images and then trace them with vector lines to create super-fast projects that finish in minutes instead of hours.
    rose 5 vector.mpcrose 4.mpc
    "...I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Isaac Newton

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the resources and ideas. Now my computer crashed and I have to reinstall everything ( my fault). I will post a pic of my project when completed.

Looking forward to it! Don't hesitate to ask any questions, there is always someone willing to help!!! Happy carving!!!

Mnmaniac, you might like to check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/1041...?ref=bookmarks

The Import Image feature is very powerful. But prior to importing, the free apps work as well. Inkscape has trace bitmap which can separate as many layers as you scan. Gimp allows you to freehand the color curves to produce nearly instant greyscale heightmaps except you're not limited to shades of grey.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rose gimp 1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	88472
    Here are some roses I carved for my wife in February.

Name:	roses1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	88471
    Last edited by sjmoore69; 08-16-2020 at 07:50 PM. Reason: grammar
    "...I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Isaac Newton

10. Default

I think you have me out-classed, lol. I finally got this project done though.

Name:	B2DFC25F-9B65-4DD3-9F81-A348B5B197B7.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	88484

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast