Thread: Questions on programming

Default Questions on programming

I got this off of the Forum. I have 2 questions...

1) How do I make the surrounding cut-out area not to be so wide? It's about 1/2 " and 1/8th is probably plenty to make the cutout.

2) I wanted to make the spoon more deep so I tried by hand. Of course, I went too far. Any way to make this deeper through programming?

Thanks for your help...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P6290508.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

To change the path area around the spoon you can drag in the path line, click and hold the yellow dots. Or do a new path offset that is smaller than the original offset.

To change the depth of carve set the front side deeper and the back side shallower. You could also go to a thicker board. This one is .500 thick..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Path offset.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks Floyd... I now understand the yellow dots. I'm not sure how, although, to adjust the depth of the "scoop" of the spoon. I'm not sure how to just select the scoop portion and change just that depth. If there's some documentation, I'm not against reading it, I'm just not sure where to look for it. Thanks....

You can adjust just the scoop part by drawing an oval over it and apply a carve region to over ride the scoop but that might leave a ridge in the scoop. Not the best method. I was talking about setting the complete spoon depth deeper.

The only true way is to have the person who made the spoon pattern do it.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I believe a workaround is to increase the board setting depth of the board to 3/4 in and then set your pattern depth deeper which will give you the deeper spoon bowl.

Otherwise you may need to redo the pattern.

You can get real creative with spoons as your canvas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-07-02 12_16_20-Window.png