Thread: Making A Heart

Default Making A Heart

I have (happily) been tasked with making a wedding ring box for my sons wedding.
    I would like to carve two adjoining heart shaped pockets (about 3/8" deep) inside. I know that somewhere I saw a post on how to make hearts but I can't seem to find it. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
    Thanks

CarveWright has 2 Facebook Pages. One by CarveWright and another for Alternate Sources of parts...

A post on the CW Facebook Page will get you a quick reply.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

LHR Technologies has a marketing FB page for CarveWright Systems.

A customer started CarveWright Carvaholics, but some of us help moderate it.

We have no involvement in the other Alternative page.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Congrats to your son! There are probably dozens of different ways to make hearts.

A quick easy way is just to use the arc tool along with snap to grid. Make sure they are closed arcs at the end and then apply carve region or select surface. Once you have it you can group and make a pattern to go into your library that you can modify as wanted or needed.

If you don't want to make one there have been probably half a dozen different heart patterns shared.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-06-12 14_26_13-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 06-12-2020 at 02:35 PM.

I somehow didn't hit save last time. I had enclosed a heart I had shared a while ago and a new balloon heart pattern to be used for a potential different project.

The patterns are the single heart patterns.

You can also use it for your project if you want. Just outline pattern, delete old pattern, apply carve region to outline.

Let us know how it goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-06-12 15_53_25-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Oscar.
    That gives me some ideas to play with.

I'm not positive, but I thought there was a monthly project a few years ago that was a heart shaped box too.

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck