Thread: Dead machine

Default Dead machine

They say some days you are the fly and some the windshield. Today is my fly day. 2 hours into a 5 hour carve I'm in the next room and suddenly hear nothing. Carver has stopped and when I check it is dead, nothing on the LCD, totally frozen in time. Not sure what made me the maddest, possible machine problem or the ruined 12" by 48" piece of sycamore . First thought was the power supply might have died. Good news was I bought a new one last year for a spare.
    The fly set in, opened the box for the first time and found it was different from mine. Guess when I ordered it I missed there was a difference between machine versions. Now I've got a useless power supply, have two B machines. Will call and hope I can make some type of 'trade'.
    Anyway, checked and did find I have both the 5v and 24v voltages at the inputs to the controller with everything connected. With no LCD display which comes off the controller am guessing it is bad.
    Appreciate any feedback/info from the experienced members.
    Thx, Rick H

You just need the new cables. We currently don't have a line item for that, so as soon as accounting can set it up, we can take an order for that. Call us tomorrow.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Had a Machine do that to me one hot August Day.... Turned out to be the Controller. The previous owner did not have dust collection and just blew it around... Well, it got in the Computer and like a blanket cause some chips to overheat. I had a new controller from eBay and was back up and running in 10 min.

The New Power Supply you got is the standard replacement. You will need a wire harness from LHR. But it is likely the Controller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02623_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Lynnfrwd; Will call, at least I didn't mess up the order and now I will have what I need to use the power supply if needed.

Al; Did open it up, was surprised at how clean it was, just a few areas with a light touch of dust. Guess the DC has been doing its job. Controller has had a problem for 4 or 5 yrs, hrs meter is always 000, can't shut off the 'cut to length' prompt but kept running and I tracked hrs on paper.

Thx for the feedback, Rick H

Hopefully on the way. Called and placed my order, LHR was able to ship me the necessary cables to make my power supply usable if and when I need one. Nice to learn I don't have a worthless part. Parts on the way the same day.
    Rick H

Let us know if it fixes it....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com