Thread: Pattern Editor or Pattern Sculptor?

Default Pattern Editor or Pattern Sculptor?

Which program would be easier to smooth these lines out with Pattern Editor or Sculptor?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 3.11.53 PM.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	417.4 KB 
ID:	88388

Without seeing the full image I would say either would/should work. I have both but use PE much more than I do Sculptor. That is probably do to I started out with PE and have learned the tools and how to adjust them for what I want to do. Look at all of the features and capabilities in each. Sculptor does allow you to import STL files directly into it were as PE you need to use the slt importer first to make it a pattern before you can edit it. I believe you can trial PE in demo mode but can not Sculptor as it is also a stand alone program.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks Floyd, I have PE just wasn't sure if Sculptor might be faster/easier. I found that you can download the trial version of Sculptor and have been playing with that but now when I double click on a pattern in My Favorites it open Sculptor instead of PE. Is there a way to change that back to PE? Also how can I change a MPC back to a PTN?

As for opening in Pattern Sculptor when you double click on the pattern, it select the last program installed. To open in either, right click on the pattern and select the option that you wish to use.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Thanks Floyd, I have PE just wasn't sure if Sculptor might be faster/easier. I found that you can download the trial version of Sculptor and have been playing with that but now when I double click on a pattern in My Favorites it open Sculptor instead of PE. Is there a way to change that back to PE? Also how can I change a MPC back to a PTN?
    Dale,
    That is good to know about Sculptor. Do as Connie said for getting it to open in PE. You can not change a mpc back to a pattern. The mpc is the board that has the pattern on it. If you want to save a pattern that is on a board use the extract pattern tool and it will save the pattern to your favorites.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks Connie & Floyd, got everything working as it should!