Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zbrush for CW patterns

Default Zbrush for CW patterns

Another thread with Zbrush. Amazing software.

I'll share patterns that I make primarily with this software package. I am currently using Zbrush 2019 and haven't updated to 2020 just for SA. The STL exported from this software does not seem to be compatible with Designer 2.xx so going to Blender as an *.OBJ format file and then converting to STL. Otherwise no issues so far. The models are a lot more dense so have to figure out the happy medium of detail and file size.

I was thinking of making a series of cute cartoony monsters and animals for the depot. This was a rough prototype. Maybe of use to someone.

Adding a rendered image for any photoshoping fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cute baby dragon.jpg   cute baby dragon 003 small.jpg  

What is the issue with 2.xx? Do you have 3.xx to see if they work with that version and how about Basic?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

There is no issue per se. In this case I believe it was Zbrush that was causing the problem.

Not all STL files are made the same. Some software and some software versions may not be completely compatible with a specific STL file format. Some are also more tolerant of issues than others.

CW Designer does not like broken mesh in the visible manifold for example. Other software have no problems with that. So sometimes you have to do a little pre-work to make it work. Not normally a big deal and simple workarounds. In this case exported from Zbrush as .OBJ file and converted with a third party software to STL.

I also have not converted to the newest ZBrush which had a lot of new revamped stuff and updates which may make all my hot air null and void.

P.S. Here is another version of the depth map render. I think its a little cleaner. Removed the background as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cute baby dragon 004 noise removed.png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 06-03-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Yes, not all are created the same! Some people get a little irritated at Designer for not importing an STL when in fact it is a STL issue. I still wonder about some of those STL files that seem to be as large as a football field when you need to take them into another program prior to being able to import them into Designer. Do they even make a cnc machine that big to carve them?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Triceratops face sculpt. Not even close to being anatomically accurate. Just started sculpting.

I am having a ton of fun learning the software but it is a lot like blender. It has so many features and capabilities it will probably take me years to become remotely proficient.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-06-06 23_07_56-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png   triceratops face 002.jpg  

Default Dragon bust

What do you think? Quick little exercise.

Does anyone want any of these? They are really flat since I had to do them as grey scale depth map renders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-06-28 22_34_52-Window.png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 06-29-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Yes, I think they are great!!! Would make a nice plaque for a kids bedroom!

It was a fun exercise. Hopefully useful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dragon bust.jpg   dragon bust 004.jpg   dragon bust 002.jpg  

I download Blender, then I delete, then I read this thread and download it again...................
    But I never take the time to learn it, then delete it and the cycle starts all over...............

I'm on the download portion of the cycle again today.

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

lol. It was the same for me. It took me the third time downloading and trying before it even remotely made sense. It is much much better now than when I started. I actually acts like a normal 3d program now.

It used to be all backwards and stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast