Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotary lamp settings

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

Default Rotary lamp settings

I have tried to go a lamp project and have used the settings in the instructions, problem is it carves too deep and ends up carving all the way through the pvc pipe.
    any ideas how to correct this?

I would verify the thickness of the pipe, it is thinner than regular litho material. According to the instructions the pattern depth should be Set the depth to .170 and height to 999 and set Bit Optimization: BEST.

http://www.carvewright.com/rotary-lithophane-carving/
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

I just bought the rotary jig and tried the same thing going step by step of the project. I am using 3" pvc . ran the rotary cal and went to run project it cut all the way thru the pvc set at 0.170 so I stop the carve and got another pipe 12 inch and reinstalled into jig did all over again and now when I run project it says edge detection fail err code E03-0400 I took jig out and reinstalled and still the same thing I didn't have a problem with machine before trying this lamp project. so I uploaded a wood project and ran it in machine it works fine on error . I put jig back in and get the same error uggggh cant figure this out

Quote Originally Posted by masonville04 View Post
    I just bought the rotary jig and tried the same thing going step by step of the project. I am using 3" pvc . ran the rotary cal and went to run project it cut all the way thru the pvc set at 0.170 so I stop the carve and got another pipe 12 inch and reinstalled into jig did all over again and now when I run project it says edge detection fail err code E03-0400 I took jig out and reinstalled and still the same thing I didn't have a problem with machine before trying this lamp project. so I uploaded a wood project and ran it in machine it works fine on error . I put jig back in and get the same error uggggh cant figure this out
    Could it be faulting out because of the white color of the pipe? Do a board sensor check to see what the readings are when over the pipe.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

5. Default

i put blue masking tape on pipe still same error of edge detection fail . pipe thickness is 1/4 inch . I did a carve on wood and machine was fine no issues. now this morning I tried to cut out a jig on pine 19long by 11 1/8 the size I needed is 12x 10.24 the 19 is the 7 needed by machine but when I run project it only cuts 7 x 6,25 have no idea why

Blue tape will not work, it is to dark and will look like there is no board to the machine. You probably got a "scale project to board" error message as the machine saw your board smaller (width or length) than your design size. Set your design board size to 12x10.24 and say no to staying under the rollers. When asked say center on board.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

If my memory serves, the machine measures the position of the rotary jig plates and not the dowel itself.

8. Default

i will try doing that. for cutting the litho jig . but the tape was on the pvc pipe I was trying to carve the mona lisa lamp. for rotary jig is where i get the edge detection fail with the error code of E03-0400 . but I will try your suggestion on the flat pine board to cut the jig out. I am not sure if I need to recalibrate the machine back to factory settings? all this is happening after I tried to calibrate for the rotary jig all worked fine before I did that.

9. Default

thank you that worked for making a flat lithopane jig . but still cant use rotary jig no matter what I do it keeps coming up with edge detection fail error code I even recut and new 12" long 3" pvc pipe like I said machine works fine on flat wood carves its only with the rotary jig is in the machine that I get this error code

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

When you open up your project look under board settings and see if the right bit is selected. I was under the empression that it automatically picked the right bit , but I was wrong. I am about to go back out and try one more time to carve out the lamp pattern with settings in the instructions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast