Thread: Carver works fine with regular project but gives z axis stall while setting up rotary

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

Default Carver works fine with regular project but gives z axis stall while setting up rotary

I had been trying to do a rotary lamp project but when the bit goes to the right and hits the bit plate it gives me the z axis error message. I tried it on two of my machines with the same results. I just went through the set up to do another carving and everything went great. I just cant get the rotary lamp project to load with out an error message. Any ideas for me to try ?

This probably means the bit is touching the plate sooner or later than it expects to touch it. What bit do you have assigned and what bit are you using?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I am using the long carving bit that came with the rotary jig.

Is your project set up with the long carving bit? Edit > Boards Settings > Pattern Bit > 1/8" Long Carving Bit. (Reminder to others: the 1/16" long carving bit cannot be used on the rotary jig.)

That was what was wrong, The wrong bit was selected. I was under the impression that when you loaded a rotary pattern it would automatically select the right bit.
    I guess you can still learn something from other carvewright users. Thank you so much !
    Going out to try and load the rotary pattern now.

When the machine expects a certain bit based on the software assignment, and it hits the slap plate or board either sooner or later than it should, it will give you the z-axis warning.

7. Default

I have a quick question . need help I just got the rotary jig. and tried to run the lamp light project followed the steps step by step rotary cal was all good when trying to run project it cut thru pvc pipe . thinking I did something wrong I recut new pvc pipe at 12" long and same sizeing 3" redid all the cals and when I go to run project it says edge detection fail error code E03-0400 I did this a few times I cleaned the board sensor still the same . I then ran a woof project and it works fine. so I went back to rotary jig and place blue masking tape on it and still the same thing. so I went and made a lithopane jig the size 19 x 11.125 I need a set up of 12x10.25 at .25 depth. I upload the 7 extra is for the machine . I run this and now whats happening is it cut a 7 3/4 x 6.1/2 not the 12x10.25 . I took card out and back to computer and the sizeing is right so I don't know whats going on with machine now

Are you saying YES to stay under rollers? If you have added the 7" or are using a jig, say NO to stay under rollers. It will automatically without shrinking down your project.

9. Default

i say stat under rollers . or should I say no to stay under rollers? the full board is 19" by 11.125 and the cut out I am looking for is 12x10.25 at .25 depth