Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help wit rotary pattern

Thank you both for doing this. One more question How much do I owe you both?
    Bob

Bob

Working on this was a challenge and a valuable learning experience. If you carve the project, please post the results as payment. It was my pleasure to help!!

Happy carving!

Quote Originally Posted by dbemus View Post
    Bob

Working on this was a challenge and a valuable learning experience. If you carve the project, please post the results as payment. It was my pleasure to help!!

Happy carving!

I agree, all in the fun of a challenge. I hope it carves ok. Note that you could add more detail to the engine. Parts that stick out the sides (but are still under the 3 inch diameter) could be added to the mpc.

It appears to be carving ok but after 7 hours into the carve I got an some type of cut motor error. Sorry I don't remember the error was to PO'ed to write it down. I'll will need to get a new bit to try it again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200509_195130_2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	88334
    Bob

I would check the brushes in the motor, just to make sure they did not cause the error message. Make sure they are long enough and slide freely, also look at the springs for damage. I had a broken spring that gave me a lot of grief, and it was well before the 250hr mark that brush change is recommended.

Thank you I wiil check them out. I only have 73 hrs. on the motor. I have had the carver for a while now but this is just a hobby so it is not used a lot.
    Bob

Sorry you had the malfunction, but very pleased to see the partial carve that looks great. I have not been able to carve it as I am waiting for repairs to my dust collector, bad bearing in the motor.

Were you using a 1/16" long carving bit? These bits bend into the grain and do exactly what I see in your picture. With the rotary, the carving is with the grain as opposed to normal carving which is across the grain. It is for this reason that the 1/16" long bit is not recommended for use with the rotary jig. You need to use either a 1/16" normal short bit or a 1/8" long bit.

RNichols - the 1/16" long carving bit SHOULD NOT be used on the rotary jig. You need to use the 1/8" long carving bit.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12