Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help wit rotary pattern

Default Help wit rotary pattern

After almost a year my doctors have very reluctantly gave me the ok to get back into the shop with a lot of restriction. I have finally got my hands on a pdf of what we called a “basic engine”. The measurements are a scale drawing from the Pratt & Whitney company. I have been trying to make a rotary pattern to carve but my mind is having a problem figuring this out correctly (part of my medical issues). So, I’m asking you all for help. I worked on this jet engine in one form or another for 20 years on EC-135 and RC-135. Thanks for any help.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TF-33ENGINE.pdf  
    Bob

Bob,

I am working on your request. Will upload when finished in a few days! Your post was not forgotten.

Thank you for your help. I have a form of epilepsy that that really messes up the way I process things.
    Bob

Gents,

I don't have the rotary jig or software but is this just a profile cut along the axis or is there more to it?

Oscar

Bob

Hopefully this is what you are looking for. My dust collection system is presently down, so I can not run a test carve. I think it is close to what you wanted. I am not an expert. some sanding probably required to smooth out angle transitions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oscar,

I used Designer 3, breaking the diagram down into rectangles and trapazoids, and the tilt tool for transition angles. It could also be done using an axis outline and the flair tool,but I had some difficulty with that do to lack of experience. Something I will work on as a learning experience.

Thanks, I was curious. I don't have the CW rotary hardware or software so wanted to confirm this was how it worked.

For a 3 inch diameter cylinder: Radius=1.5"; circumference/pattern length = 9.425"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-04-24 15_57_43-Window.png  

Default Jet Engine Rotary

I thought I would give this a try. I have not used Designer in awhile. I made an outline and extruded it. Then copied and pasted the extrusion into a rotary project. (I also made a pattern from the extrusion to see if I could get rid of the little artifact waves. It did not.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bergerud,

I thought this would get your attention! Great work! Thank you for your input!! I worked on the extruded process today.

Jet_Engine_Final.mpc

Nice, I see you got the same wave artifacts. I wonder if they carve. Probably.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast