Thread: Bit question

Default Bit question

Can the CW use a 7/8 cove/ball nose bit if picking the 1/2 ball nose setting in the software?

I would think you could, just know that the carve area will be larger than the design size. I would suggest to carve in multi passes and not very deep per pass.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Floyd, thank you.

I took a chance this morning and did a test run. The speed is not perfect but it worked great. I got a little bit of burning but otherwise no issues. I will have to increase the number of pass cuts in the future.

Super happy with the results. Not bad for a few hours of work. I don't have the final process down but getting closer.

I'll do the tuning tomorrow.

I was tired of destroying good western cedar blanks so used some poplar for this test. Still pretty I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-04-14 17_45_54-Window.png   IMG_6360 small.jpg  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 04-16-2020 at 03:04 PM.