Thread: Can I Edit a former STL pattern?

Default Can I Edit a former STL pattern?

I'm working with a pattern that is converted from an STL file. Can I change the shape of a part of that pattern? (the outline carve) I can't seem to find something on the tool bar that will let me make changes to the basic shape. I can mark the shape I want, but I can't change the outline to the new shape.

And I was going to add a copy of the file here, but it won't load. Is there a way to make this sort of change? Maybe before its converted to MPC?

Here's a screen shot of it. The dotted line in the lower right side of the picture is where I want to go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CW LP Top5.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	342.1 KB 
ID:	88251

I don't think it can be done in Designer. You would need to edit the stl. You could possibly design a new piece with the 3D tool add on and merge it with your existing pattern - does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    I don't think it can be done in Designer. You would need to edit the stl. You could possibly design a new piece with the 3D tool add on and merge it with your existing pattern - does that make sense?
    Yes, that makes sense. Thank you

If you have the pattern editor or sculptor you can edit the pattern you created when you imported the stl into Designer. Open up the pattern tool to show the patterns in your favorite list. Next, right click and it will give you the option to open the pattern in PE or Sculptor for editing.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.