Thread: Not piercing corectly using DEsigner Basic.

Default Not piercing corectly using DEsigner Basic.

Using Pro (3.106) I have successfully converted my EZ Box project to have wooden hinges. Joe informed me that they can not upload Pro designed projects (or collections) to the store? So, I decided to redesign the projects I have designed lately, a Colonial Display Stand – submitted last November, my new Paddle Boat, and Wooden Hinge EZ Box. Strange problem with the EZ Box. The sides MPC didn’t pierce correctly in 1.187/1.188. I will post a 1.188 clipped version of the MPC with the hinge area that does not pierce so you can open it with Pro and see how it is supposed to pierce and then in 1.188 to see the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails opened in basic.jpg   opened in Pro.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

I have 3.106 but when I open the MPC I get the first pic without the cutout around the barrels.
    Rick H

3.106 works as it should. 1.187 and 1.188 don't. That is the problem. I need someone with both to check it out.

I put a rectangular pierced carve region around the part an it appears to come out OK (1.187). I think it is good practice to always use a surrounding carve region, as the piecing comes out cleaner - at least it does for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carve region box.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	733.4 KB 
ID:	88252

Don't know if you plan on carving that way or just testing, but that would be an awful lot of unnecessary carving. Use your connected line tool to trace around the the part, just a little bigger. Copy offset would be the tool to use for this if you have the 2d Vector Drawing Suite. Minimize the carving time as much as possible. Again, I don't believe the piercing was even available until 2.something.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Just testing. I don't have 2D so I draw outlines by hand; didn't bother for this test.

Connie, piercing had to be available because there is a place to check it. I put a carved region under the hinge parts .6 deep - It is carved.25+ from the back - and that cleared it. I was just looking for something sanitary to work with both the old and new designer. I would like to maybe include both old and new MPCs when the upload question sorted out. I am currently testing a 1.188 version of the Colonial Display Stand the I submitted last November in Pro format.
    Clint