Thread: unwanted Floor Feather

Default unwanted Floor Feather

I recently got around to installing 1.187 to replace 1.186. I found that “floor feather” had been added and I can find no way to “un-check it” as is available in 2.xxx and 3.xxx. This causes problems for some of my projects in the Pattern Store. If a rectangular shaped area pattern is snapped to the grid and a rectangular area is snapped adjacent to it, a groove appears between them. In Pro you simply un-check floor feather and the two areas meet nicely. There is no such option in 1.188. A large problem. I have been doing this since almost the beginning (Dec. of ’07) and have designed and carved quite a few projects. Like “Cut Board Too Size” in the firmware, I see no practical need for “Floor Feather”. I am sure someone will educate me on this, but the problem in 1.188 still exists and should be rectified.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Can you show an example or a sample project that shows this please?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

bit optimization fixed the problem - so in the immoral word of Gilder Radner (SNL many years ago) "never mind"

But why did it start showing up in my projects that have been in the store for years? Maybe the last item in the change log for 1.186 to 1.187?