Thread: Best lubricant and what all should be lubricated

Default Best lubricant and what all should be lubricated

I am just wondering what the best lubricant is to use for the crank and head post as well as the flex shaft. I am also wondering what other parts require lubrication on the machine. I am new to this so any help would be appreciated. Thank you for you time.

On the main page of the forum scroll down to the "on line tools" and there is a section to care and maintenance schedule. It will take you here....

https://forum.carvewright.com/forumd...nance-Schedule

For the crank you want to use a general purpose grease. 4 corner posts most use a dry lube as it is less prone to attract dust build up. Flex shaft lube should me a "molly" based lube as it does not break down at high temps. I use an automotive pre assembly lube made by Crane Cam lube other have used a similar type of grease..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crane Cam lube.PNG   vv633.jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

So the valvoline with moly will work for the shaft as well and will it work for the crank
    Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    On the main page of the forum scroll down to the "on line tools" and there is a section to care and maintenance schedule. It will take you here....

https://forum.carvewright.com/forumd...nance-Schedule

For the crank you want to use a general purpose grease. 4 corner posts most use a dry lube as it is less prone to attract dust build up. Flex shaft lube should me a "molly" based lube as it does not break down at high temps. I use an automotive pre assembly lube made by Crane Cam lube other have used a similar type of grease..

It should work for the crank.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.