Thread: Memory Card cannot be red

Default Memory Card cannot be red

Dear all,

I'm writing here with the hope that someone could help me to solve the following issue: my CW Memory Card suddenly cannot be recognized by the programmer - I get the message "The flash device could not be initialized". I tried all I had in mind: uninstall the Designer Software, change USB port, nothing worked. Designer software are running under Windows 10 Pro. One intriguing thing is that the card is working with Carvewright machine (I can list on the machine display the files that are inside). Also the Card Programmer is seen by the computer.

Any idea is welcomed (before to buy a new one / it's quite hard to get it as I'm from Romania).

Thank you in advance.

Gelu
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails print screen.jpg  

Look to see if there is any dust or particles in the programmer. It could also be a loose wire connection at the programmer.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Look to see if there is any dust or particles in the programmer. It could also be a loose wire connection at the programmer.
    Good point - I'll check it, thank you.

Different pins are used when uploading a project and accessing in machine. Look inside for bent pin.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Different pins are used when uploading a project and accessing in machine. Look inside for bent pin.
    I opened the programmer and I check it: at the first sight everything seems to be fine (the pins are ok). Then I closed the programmer' enclosure and I did a new try: unfortunately the symptom persists.

How did the wiring look?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    How did the wiring look?
    After your very good question I thought a little and I re-opened the programmer enclosure; then I checked the wires' integrity between USB connector and the input of the PCB: one of the wire seemed to be grounded then I decided to remake the links; I cleaned the PCB input, I shortened the cable and I did new links. No result! The same issue, there is something else wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Connie, please let me know if there are on your stock the CW Memory Card and the programmer.

Thank you.

I assume you are asking if we have them in stock. We do.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

This sounds like the same problem that I had a few years ago on my desktop. I had 2 readers and cards both had the same problem. I guessing it was caused by an update. I gave up finding a fix. My work around was coping my file I wanted to upload to my laptop and uploading from there. Since just is a hobby for me I put up with it. Last fall I replace my desktop of 15 years with a new on and the problem went away. I know this is not the answer you are looking for but it is just my experience with this error.
    Bob
    Bob