Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clutch torque plate

Default Clutch torque plate

Hi All,
    I just installed a new clutch torque plate. Followed the video instructions. After i had it assembled the clutch is not slipping when I lower the head to the board. any ideas before I take everything apart again. Carvewright tech said I must have assembled it wrong.

Took apart the assembly and reassembled twice. Gear and handle spinng freely before putting back on the machine. Assembled back on the machine. When i lower the head the clutch is still not clicking. I don't want to over tighten it. could it have something to do with the spring spacer assembly?

Make sure did not put any washers between the spring and the clutch plate. The spring goes against the clutch plate.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Spring is against the clutch plate.

When you put it all back together did grease it?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yes, use the grease to hold the clutch in place as per video. I tried more spacers on the spring but no difference.

I don’t know what your situation is, but is your machine in a warmer area? Neither one of my machines will crank down in my unheated garage. If you are in an area that is cool to cold perhaps an electric heater close, but not near would help.
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by joepei View Post
    Yes, use the grease to hold the clutch in place as per video. I tried more spacers on the spring but no difference.
    Maybe try adding more grease behind the clutch plate. Remove the crank handle and with a small tipped screw driver work the grease behind the plate. After doing so crank the head up and down several times to see if it will activate. Adding more spacers, washers, makes is so it needs more force to activate the clutch. Try removing some or all of the washers.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Any way to test the clutch without assembling the side panel back on the machine? The shop is 72 degrees always so the temp is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by joepei View Post
    Any way to test the clutch without assembling the side panel back on the machine? The shop is 72 degrees always so the temp is not a problem.
    Not that I am aware of.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast