Thread: Ribbon

Default Ribbon

I am looking for some guidance on how to clean up this ribbon. I am ok for the outsides but I don't know how to keep the embossed profile. I am using 1.187. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mike,

You can try inverting. It will hide some of the noise.

This is from a low resolution graphic. Second thing is try to find a higher resolution graphic. Will give you cleaner lines if nothing else.

Also the colors are converted to grey scale when moved to designer and assigned height. The grey scale imparts height information. So in a graphics program you can change it grey scale to match what you need.

Third option is to recreate using designer (or add-on if you have them). In designer, the spline tool and snap to grid would be good tools to use.

Fourth option is create externally with either graphics program or 3d program.

Oscar
    Last edited by oscarl48; 03-11-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Mike,

Any luck working it out?

Hi Oscar, we were away and just getting back today. I will try your suggestions tomorrow when I get home from work. Thank you for taking the time for tutoring. I will let you know.

Mike,

If you do run into issues let me know. I modeled a pattern for my own fun so have a version of it if all else fails.

Would always recommend learning how to use the software first. Even the basic software can do quite of bit of pattern building once you get the hang of it.

I have started using your suggestions. Like you basically said, work with the programs. I will keep playing with it and if I do run into trouble I will let you know. Thank you for all your
    help.