Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: And now for something completely different.

Really looking good. Ideas o the finish sounds good. The fiberglass will provide a lot of strength for the day to day flexing.
    Thx for sharing, Rick H

Delighted with every photo you post!!!

The more I see the more I'm fascinated. Awesome.
    Rick H

Tailgate is looking really good. Keep the pics coming!

LOL..... What a project!

How many hours of carve time are you up to so far?
    Oh wait, never mind that, how many hours of design time are you up to so far?

Just fan freakin'tastic, it makes me smile!

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Thanks. I haven't kept accurate track of time. The front fenders weer done in 4 pieces, about 3 hours for three and an hour for one. Similar for the rear. Hood in 4 sections, 2-3 hours each. Rear tailight sections about 2 hours. I've been using mostly the 3/16" carving bit in draft mode - it leaves lines, but because the sections are relatively smooth and not fine detail these cane readily be sanded out. Usually projected and actual carve times have been similar for me over the years, but 3/16" in draft mode has been almost half the projected time, which is nice. The grille was the longest time at about 4-1/2 hours. Many, many hours in design, using mostly the 3D tools. Probably 30 hours or more. The front and rear fenders were designed in 1/2 scale, then enlarged and sectioned off to make the pieces, about 12" wide.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Thanks. I haven't kept accurate track of time. The front fenders weer done in 4 pieces, about 3 hours for three and an hour for one. Similar for the rear. Hood in 4 sections, 2-3 hours each. Rear tailight sections about 2 hours. I've been using mostly the 3/16" carving bit in draft mode - it leaves lines, but because the sections are relatively smooth and not fine detail these cane readily be sanded out. Usually projected and actual carve times have been similar for me over the years, but 3/16" in draft mode has been almost half the projected time, which is nice. The grille was the longest time at about 4-1/2 hours. Many, many hours in design, using mostly the 3D tools. Probably 30 hours or more. The front and rear fenders were designed in 1/2 scale, then enlarged and sectioned off to make the pieces, about 12" wide.
    Well it looks like a fun project, that's for sure!

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Kinda quiet around here. I guess I am partly to blame, as I haven't posted updates on this project for a while. The body is basically finished. The last items that I finished were the rocker panels and under seat side panels with the Bronco emblem. The emblem was made by scanning an original metal one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bronco.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	977.8 KB 
ID:	88503

Taillight lenses fabricated with LED lighting behind them.

Name:	taillight.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	999.6 KB 
ID:	88504

Working on the windshield now.

Name:	windshield.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	88505

Totally Awesome!!!