Thread: What simple patterns would you like to see?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by want2b View Post
    Didn't realize there was such a difference in what was local species. We've had both the sparrow and the starling all my life along with the purple grackle. The starling and grackle are a pain around the feeders guess we're so used to the sparrow we only fight them to keep them out of purple martin houses. Could are 'global warming; be bringing them to your area? Would like to know if you find a way to keep the starlings away.
    Rick H
    There are a couple traps that can be built for starlings. Now is the time to use them as they are nesting traps. You can pm me and we can look at this further, I do not want to steal Oscar's post.

Talking about bird houses. I was in the garage playing around trying to figure out something when I saw a bird fly in. Didn't think much of it since they usually fly in catch a bug and fly out. But after a few seconds no flying out. So started looking around. Dang bird made a nest in my motorcycle helmet. I was about to shoo it out when my wife explained to me that no bird was being evicted in this time of hardship and to suck it up.

Who needs bird houses.

Pretty high class bird house!

I might have had to suggest that I was 'relocating the nest vs evicting the tenant". Good luck

Thankfully, I have a second helmet but its not like I am riding a whole lot right now so I guess a wash.